In these workshops we look at and practice different aspects of birth preparation and the ways in which you and your partner can work together to create a positive birth experience. There are 4 different workshops in this series, each one can be taken as a stand alone session, so you can pick and mix or do the whole set. Incorporating elements of Spinning Babies, Biomechanics for Birth, Birthing From Within and Active Birthing, I bring my many years of experience in working with expectant parents to help you prepare for birth with confidence.
Workshop contents :
Pain Coping & Breathing for Labour
In this session you’ll learn a powerful and effective pain coping practice using the breath to help keep you focused, centered and in your power during labour. By practicing this together with your partner you’ll work out the kind of support you need and this will help your partner to feel more confident in knowing and understanding your needs during the intensity of labour & birth.
Positions for Labour & Birth
- Understand how movement and gravity help you work with your body and make more space for baby
- Practice a variety of positions working out which feel most comfortable and how your partner can best support you
- Biomechanic techniques to encourage a mal-positioned baby into a more optimal position
- Massage and comfort techniques for labour
Optimal Baby Positioning & Birth Hormones
To help you have a more straightforward birth:
- Learn a variety of biomechanic techniques to balance the pelvis during pregnancy so baby has the best chance of being well positioned for birth, some of these you can do on your own and some with your partner. These techniques can also be used in labour if baby is malpositioned or if there are restrictions in the pelvis.
- Understand the role of birth hormones and what you need in labour to encourage the birth hormones to flow and what inhibits their release.
A Map of Birth & Birthing the Placenta
- Labour and birth can take many twists and turns. In this session we’ll explore a map of labour, what to expect and the unexpected.
- Optimal cord clamping, the golden hour after birth
- Options on birthing the placenta
Combined workshop of pain coping & breathing for labour and positions for labour & birth
- Saturday 7th August, 10am to 1pm in Ringwood (FULL)
- Saturday 18th September in Christchurch (to be confirmed), £50 per couple / birthing pair. Max 5 couples. (If covid cases continue to be high this session will be held in Ringwood with space for just 2 couples / birthing pairs and will cost £65)
These sessions are for the pregnant parent and their birth partner (which might be your partner, mum, friend, doula, etc) and you can also attend on your own. Groups are small to help you feel comfortable, relaxed and get to know the other participants.
Recommended from around 30 weeks of pregnancy. Booking required.
Once booked, sessions are non-refundable except in the unlikely event that I have to cancel. If you cancel with more than 14 days notice I may be able to transfer your booking to a different workshop or class of the same price.
One-to-one Birth Preparation workshops
Birth Preparation sessions are also available as a tailor-made one-to-ones, incorporating some or all of the above sessions. Please contact me to arrange.
Cost: £70 for 2 hours; £100 for 3 hours. To cover everything as a one-to-one would be approximately 5 hours and this would be done as 2 sessions, £150.
A deposit of £40 is required on booking (non-refundable but date can be transferred if it’s possible to do so).
“It gave a really good overview of different coping techniques and putting everything into practice really helped me to understand” – Becky
“Today’s session has made me really look forward to the birth of my baby. It’s made me feel more confident, less anxious, more supported and intimate with my husband. It was also fantastic having open and honest discussions with like minded people” – Holly
I feel more confident in asking for what I want (and don’t want) during labour, and it started a conversation between my partner and I about how he can help me achieve this.” – Laura
“Fabulous workshop that has left me feeling positive and confident about my upcoming birth. Looking forward to my journey to becoming a mum” – Sam
“Calling all soon to be dads….this workshop will make a BIG difference and support your expectations and anxieties. Book it!” – Richard
“More insightful than any book or TV programme. Practical exercises give an idea of what to expect & how to cope. Very helpful and worthwhile” – Gwen
Preparing to Birth Again
Refresher workshops for parents who are expecting again. These one-to-one classes can be tailor made to cover some /all of the above session and can include debriefing if you had a previous difficult birth experience. Parents who are birthing again are also welcome in the group workshop!
“Rosa’s workshop was everything I could hope for and more. My partner was pleasantly surprised to learn that there was a lot he could do too. We’re looking forward to the birth more than ever” – Emma