As your doula I will look after you and your family so that you can look after your baby. Traditionally women would have had a lying in period after the birth of their baby but now women are increasingly rushed back into their day to day activities. I will encourage you to rest and recover your energy after your birth and enjoy getting to know your baby. As well as being a time of celebration, it is easy to feel overwhelmed when you have a new baby. Your responsibilities and priorities will have changed and your life will have taken a new direction and this takes some getting used to. My role will vary according to each family’s needs but can include:
- Breastfeeding support
- Reflecting on your birth experience
- Light housework
- Looking after baby in your home while you have a nap or bath
- Being supportive and encouraging in your parenting choices
- Talking through issues or concerns and helping you meet your baby’s needs
- Advice on baby slings and washable nappies
- Preparing snacks / light meals
- Looking after older children
I normally work in 3 hour sessions 2 to 3 times a week but this can be negotiable depending on your requirements. My rates are £20 an hour plus 35p per mile for travel.
To hire me as your Postnatal Doula, call me for a no obligation chat and / or to arrange a free meeting either at your home or a convenient location such as a café.
“I felt very cared for and looked after. Rosa is a kind and considerate person and it is easy to be around her. It was great to have someone visit who was there for me and intuitive about what was needed. It did help me put time aside for my new baby which was lovely.” – Anna