Hi, I’m Rosa Davies (she/her) and I’ve been running my classes and working as a Doula for over 15 years. I have loved working with so many pregnant folk and their partners over the years and supporting new mums postnatally. I don’t know the exact number of parents who I’ve supported but well into the 1000s!
In recent years I’ve expanded my practice into bodywork with Mizan Therapy, Myofascial Release and Postnatal Recovery Massage. Although I’m mostly known for my support through the childbirth year, these wonderful treatments are suitable for any age / stage of life.
I teach Mizan Wombspace workshops which are a prerequisite for the Mizan practitioner training and I assess the new practitioner’s case studies.
I love my work and I am always learning.
I began my birth worker training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers in 2004 on their Paramana Doula course and went on to complete a two year course in Natural Active Birth and Parenting with Kassandra Clemens, qualifying in 2007.
There has always been some aspect of body work in my role as a birth worker but I started on this path more formally in 2017 with The School of Bodywork and then Mizan Therapy later that year.
I’m thirsty for knowledge and I regularly attend courses, workshops and study days.
Mizan Therapy training –
- Mizan Therapy Practitioner Training (mizantherapy.com)
- Mizan Therapy Pregnancy & Postnatal Practitioner Training
- Mizan Therapy Advanced Practitioner Training
- 13 Mizan Moons (A deep delve into the menstrual cycle, hormones, the pelvic floor, conditions affecting the female reproductive system and more)
- Wombspace Workshop Facilitator Training
- Assessor Training for Mizan Practitioners
Myofascial Release training with School of Bodywork –
- Myofascial Techniques for Pelvic Diaphragm Release workshop
- Myofascial Release Foundation Level
- Myofascial Release Intermediate Level
- Myofascial Release Accomplished Level
- Myofascial Release Cranial and Intraoral Techniques
- Myofascial Techniques for Scar Tissue Release
- Myofascial Release Unwinding
- Myofascial Release Spine and Sacrum
Other training includes –
- Postnatal Recovery Massage with Sophie Messenger
- Womb Yoga teacher training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- Biomechanics for Birth with Molly O’Brien
- Biomechanics for Birth Advanced with Molly O’Brien
- The Vagus Nerve with Katherine Ukleja
- Understanding Trauma with Tanya Desfontaines
- Foundation Yoga Course with the Traditional Yoga Association
- Spinning Babies workshop with Gail Tully
- Birthing From Within Level 1
- Childbirth Physiology with Rachel Reed
- Menopause the Great Awakener with The Red School
- Recipes for a Normal Birth with Sara Wickham
- Gathering in the Knowledge with Sara Wickham
- Post Term Pregnancy with Sara Wickham
- Vitamin K and the Newborn with Sara Wickham
- LGBTQ+ Competency with AJ Silver
- Birth Crisis Workshop with Sheila Kitzinger
- Optimal Foetal Positioning Workshop with Jean Sutton
- Mother Supporter, peer breastfeeding support with the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- Breastfeeding workshop with Jack Newman
- Twin workshop
- Breech Birth workshop with Mary Cronk and Joy Horner
- Supporting Every Birth (baby loss) workshop
- Baby Loss a Parents Perspective with Mel Scott
- Birth Art Cafe
- NLP practitioner course
- Various other workshops and seminars on the pelvis, pregnancy, postpartum, stress & anxiety, the menstrual cycle
I also hold a degree in Psychology and have taken Reiki Master training.