My name is Rosa Davies and I am mother to a lovely 15 year old girl. I have held a lifelong interest in birth and babies have always been drawn to working within the realms of pregnancy and birth. I have been running my classes and working as a Doula for 10 years and feel privileged and honoured to be doing this work. I give thanks to the many parents / parents-to-be I have worked with and who inspire me to continue supporting mums, dads and babies.
I began my training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers in 2004 on their Paramana Doula course (www.paramanadoula.com) and went on to complete a two year course in Natural Active Birth and Parenting with Kassandra Clemens, qualifying in 2007.
Other workshops and training:
- Birth Crisis Workshop with Sheila Kitzinger (www.sheilakitzinger.com)
- Optimal Foetal Positioning Workshop with Jean Sutton
- Birthing From Within Level 1 (www.birthingfromwithin.com)
- Foundation Yoga Course with the Traditional Yoga Association
- Breastfeeding workshop with Jack Newman
- Spiritual Pregnancy workshop
- Twin workshop
- Breech Birth workshop with Mary Cronk and Joy Horner
- Spinning Babies workshop with Gail Tully (www.spinningbabies.com)
- Birth Art Cafe
- NLP practitioner course
- Womb Yoga teacher training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- Myofascial Techniques for Pelvic Diaphragm Release workshop with School of Bodywork
- Recipes for a Normal Birth with Sara Wickham
I continue to attend various study days, courses and conferences relating to pregnancy, birth and parenting and keep up to date with research and new ideas.
Breastfeeding my daughter inspired me to train in this area too. I trained as a Mother Supporter with the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers (www.abm.me.uk), was involved in my local breastfeeding group for a few years and used to donate breastmilk to the milk bank at Southampton hospital (your midwife or health visitor can give you more information if you would like to donate breast milk).
Previously I have run Steiner Parent and Toddler groups and parenting groups for mums and young babies.
I also hold a degree in Psychology and have taken Reiki Master training.