Hi, I’m Rosa Davies and I’ve been running my classes and working as a Doula for almost 12 years. I have loved working with so many pregnant women and their partners over the years and supporting new mums postnatally. I don’t know the exact number of parents who I’ve supported but well over 1000!
In recent years I have been drawn to working with women of all ages and helping them in their quest for health and healing. This led me to train in Mizan Therapy and Myofascial Release. I feel privileged and honoured to be doing this work.
I began my birth worker training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers in 2004 on their Paramana Doula course (www.paramanadoula.com) and went on to complete a two year course in Natural Active Birth and Parenting with Kassandra Clemens, qualifying in 2007.
Since then I have attended many other training courses, workshops and study days and the list continues to grow! (see below)
Mizan Therapy training –
- Mizan Therapy Practitioner Training (http://www.mizantherapy.com)
- Mizan Therapy Pregnancy & Postnatal Practitioner Training
- Mizan Therapy Advanced Practitioner Training
Myofascial Release training with School of Bodywork in Exeter –
- Myofascial Techniques for Pelvic Diaphragm Release workshop
- Myofascial Release Foundation Level
- Myofascial Release Intermediate Level
- Myofascial Release Accomplished Level
Other training –
- Postnatal Recovery Massage with Sophie Messenger
- Womb Yoga teacher training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- Foundation Yoga Course with the Traditional Yoga Association
- Spinning Babies workshop with Gail Tully (www.spinningbabies.com)
- Birthing From Within Level 1 (www.birthingfromwithin.com)
- Birth Art Cafe
- Recipes for a Normal Birth with Sara Wickham
- Gathering in the knowledge with Sara Wickham
- Birth Crisis Workshop with Sheila Kitzinger
- Optimal Foetal Positioning Workshop with Jean Sutton
- Mother Supporter, peer breastfeeding support with the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- Breastfeeding workshop with Jack Newman
- Spiritual Pregnancy workshop
- Twin workshop
- Breech Birth workshop with Mary Cronk and Joy Horner
- Supporting Every Birth workshop
- NLP practitioner course
I also hold a degree in Psychology and have taken Reiki Master training.