My name is Rosa Davies and I am mother to my lovely 16 year old daughter. I have held a lifelong interest in birth and babies have always been drawn to working within the realms of pregnancy and birth. I have been running my classes and working as a Doula for over 11 years and feel privileged and honoured to be doing this work. I give thanks to the many parents / parents-to-be I have worked with and who inspire me to continue supporting mums, dads and babies.
I began my training with Michel Odent and Liliana Lammers in 2004 on their Paramana Doula course (www.paramanadoula.com) and went on to complete a two year course in Natural Active Birth and Parenting with Kassandra Clemens, qualifying in 2007.
Other workshops and training:
- Birth Crisis Workshop with Sheila Kitzinger (www.sheilakitzinger.com)
- Optimal Foetal Positioning Workshop with Jean Sutton
- Birthing From Within Level 1 (www.birthingfromwithin.com)
- Foundation Yoga Course with the Traditional Yoga Association
- Breastfeeding workshop with Jack Newman
- Spiritual Pregnancy workshop
- Twin workshop
- Breech Birth workshop with Mary Cronk and Joy Horner
- Spinning Babies workshop with Gail Tully (www.spinningbabies.com)
- Birth Art Cafe
- NLP practitioner course
- Womb Yoga teacher training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
- Myofascial Techniques for Pelvic Diaphragm Release workshop with School of Bodywork
- Recipes for a Normal Birth with Sara Wickham
- Supporting Every Birth workshop
- Myofascial Release Foundation Level
- Myofascial Release Intermediate Level
- Myofascial Release Accomplished Level
- Mizan Therapy Practitioner Training
- Mizan Therapy Pregnancy & Postnatal Practitioner Training
I continue to attend various study days, courses and conferences relating to pregnancy, birth and parenting and keep up to date with research and new ideas.
I also hold a degree in Psychology and have taken Reiki Master training.